Thursday, September 3, 2009

RIPPLING EFFECT


RIPPLING EFFECT
The cool, calm, serene lake looked at me with its idyllic gaze. Envy gripped me like a fork, my evil mind wants to shatter, the smug glow of self-satisfaction, of inner peace, the feeling of utter contentment.
I threw the pebble into the water, and I smiled as I saw the rings, increasing, and each circle bigger than the previous, spreading eons away, I was pleased, that I have disturbed the lake’s world, giving it a little turmoil, instant gratification for me.
I was a pure, innocent juvenile, in love, the first love disease spread by the love bug, had beaten me, I was plagued by the normal symptoms; poem writing, daydreaming, feeling all lovey-dovey, doing foolish deeds to make the love last.
But like an earthquake, my heart was shattered, the ground shifted under me, and I was desolate, I felt my first love would be my last, but I was played, used and dumped.
So I built rocks all over my heart, and was reborn as a Casanova, a Don Juan, as my friends called me a Don Solomon, had a sweet tongue, and with it conquered many women, like the biblical Solomon.
So I set forth at dawn(apologies to Wole Soyinka), spread the ripples, changing girls, the way I change clothes, the numbers piling up by the dozen, and breaking many hearts.
All in a bid, to avenge the first love gone wrong, but it was instant gratification, fleeting, and so like cocaine addict, I went for more, imparting more sadness, to get happiness. But it was all vanity and fleeting joy, gone with the wind.
Now I have turned a new leaf, dropped my player’s card, retired from the game, trying to right my wrongs, and painstakingly search for the right one and be true to her, and maybe get a lasting joy this time.

2 comments:

Sylva Nze Ifedigbo said...

Agbonmire...this is kool. Guess many guys can relate with this...the first sincere love that turns awry and turns the guy in to a big time player, careful not to offer his heart out again for another heartbreak. You have painted it well.

However, i thought you might work on the long sentences. Makes reading a bit drab. You might want to reduce the plenty commas and replace them with fullstops.

Nice.

wordsmith said...

thanks


corrections highly noted...