Tuesday, September 8, 2009

DEPRESSION


From writer's block to depression, these are not happy times for me, but i would conquer, i have had wonderful ideas on articles to write, and short stories too, but when i put pen to paper, the words desert me, but poems always solve my probelms, so as always, this poem unlocked the doors of my prison.enjoy it


DEPRESSION

Gnaws me down
Making me feel naught
All my weaknesses enlarge
And my failures underscored
My successes feel minute
My achievement even smaller
Makes me down
I light my smoke
To exhale depression out
But instead it increases
Like cancer in my soul
And my life tape plays
Reeling backward
My flops are highlighted
In red ink
My heart is dense
And I am so down

1 comment:

Sylva Nze Ifedigbo said...

Now my man that is the spirit....glad that even at the hieght of writers block and depression (the worst state any writer would wish to find himself) you still picked up that pen to write. I could really relate with this. I also have my own days. Welldone.