Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FOR ALCOHOL



FOR ALCOHOL
I love alcohol, I drink quite frequently, I love hanging out. I love the music blaring loud from the speakers, love the suya and pepper soup served in bars. What I love more is the high, alcohol gives me, it cures my depression, makes me happy and a jolly fellow. It feeds my muse; some of my best writings come, when I am drinking or later at night/dawn when the effect has rubbed off. So this poem came in one of my drinking binges, it was composed for a chick bursting my brains; the chick is Night train, an alcoholic brand. Enjoy.

In the cool breeze of harmattan
You are my warmth
In the harshness of the wind
You are my shield
In the hurt of my pain
You are my strength
In the tears of my heart
You are my laughter
In the emptiness of my heart
You make me full
When the storm goes rough
You are my shelter
When my heart has been broken to splinters
You keep me together
When I am depressed and gloomy
You make me laugh
When I want to hang out with friends
You are there to keep us happy
When there is no inspiration
You are my muse

No comments: