Friday, April 23, 2010

DEAREST DEPRESSION

My favorite post. I decided to repost because it inspires me so much. I hope it inspires you too.



Depression you have been a constant friend, always around, so I write you this letter. Like a cloud hovering in my mind, you descend once in while and becloud my joy. You magnify my fears and doubts, and make me lose confidence in myself. My self-worth slaughtered in you altar of sadness.
But when I am in your state you inspire in me to write sweet literature, prose, poems and plays. So I feed you to my creative imagination, and it turns out something good and I am satisfied. So I defeat you, I use you for good. The dense cloud is lifted by the rays of my creative writing.
So you are not all bad. You are my muse. I have discovered how to use you for pecuniary gains. So in my journal named after you “depression diary”. I go to you when you land on my soul, and fight a battle with you with words and I win.
I confide in you, let you know my thoughts, tell you know my fears. In turn, my words give me strength. So when I read you, I see the weakness and see the solution. I expel you on paper, and you leave my soul free.
Then the beauty on your pages is everlasting. It is a sweet cure when you set in and words can’t come out. I read you and I am healed. I learnt from a wise man that anything can be good or bad. It depends on your views. People view you as a bad thing.
But I see you as something that comes like the wind, I see you as good. Turn you to good, change you to good, your complications are broken simple. I conquer you each time you show your ugly (fugly) face. Dearest depression, you don’t set me down no more, I turn you to joy. I rise above your dark clouds.

Yours truly,
Your Buddy.

No comments: