Thursday, October 8, 2009

THE NEW ME



I have learnt to stay alone and enjoy myself
In short, I have learnt to enjoy my company.
I have learnt to sit still and listen to the voices in my head
And the good thing is I can control it.
Tell it to shut up, if the voice is suggesting evil.
Learnt it from the screw tape letters by C.S Lewis
I have an erotic love for books.
I buy books as much as a chick buys shoes and bags
I see bookstore as a partygoer sees a club, I go there every week and leave loaded.
Plus, I am so in a deep love affair with African literature.
Especially, the new (young) writers
Partly because I would soon join them
I am so studying how to be a better writer. Plus, I have an accomplished Nigerian writer as a teacher and friend now.
I have learnt how to handle criticism,
"You didn't do it well here, rewrite, or (better) rethink.
It is good (criticism) because you can only get better if you learn from it
Sorry, if I have not been blogging as often as I used too. It’s because I am doing a lot of reading and learning. It is for our good, I would write better and you would be highly entertained.

No comments: